Topic Keyboard File for Keyman 6

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

Keyboard Details EuroLatin keyboard Keyboard Downloads and Details

# Keyboard File for Keyman 6   2007-06-20 00:43:04.890
Jeremy Harrison
Wanting to upgrade the European Latin keyboard on my PC (to at least 1.0.4), I downloaded the latest version (of european.kmp) from the web site, but hit a problem on installing it, as it is packeged for Keyman 7.0, while I am still using Keyman 6.2.

Is there a version suitable for Keyman 6 available - either of the latest or 1.0.4 ~.kmp file, or just the keyboard file (~.kmx ? - which I think is all I need)?
# RE: Keyboard File for Keyman 6   2007-06-20 11:33:04.560
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Jeremy,

The updated version of the European Latin keyboard makes use of features which are only available in Keyman Desktop 7.0. We do not have the resources to provide, maintain, and support an alternate version for older versions of Keyman.

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin
# RE: Keyboard File for Keyman 6   2007-06-21 00:42:23.343
Jeremy Harrison
Fair enough - but I would have hoped that the final Keyman 6 version would have been left (or could still be) available (on an as is basis - I certainly wouldn't expect it to be supported or maintained).

Regards,

Jeremy

# RE: Keyboard File for Keyman 6   2007-06-22 09:27:23.013
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Jeremy,

I can understand your point of view, but I'm afraid making both versions available would create more issues than it would resolve.

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin
# RE: Keyboard File for Keyman 6   2008-12-23 04:39:20.087
BKeyman Walker
More problems than it would resolve ...?
Like what?
Satisfied customers?
# RE: Keyboard File for Keyman 6   2008-12-23 08:03:10.757
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Keeping multiple versions of the keyboard on our website creates confusion. We continue to make Keyman 6 downloads available to registered users and we supply the source to the EuroLatin keyboard on http://eurolatin.keymankeyboards.com/, so if you want to compile your own Keyman 6 version of the keyboard, you are most welcome.
# RE: Keyboard File for Keyman 6   2013-02-23 05:09:39.930
[quote="Jeremy Harrison"]Wanting to upgrade the European Latin keyboard on my PC (to at least 1.0.4), I downloaded the latest version (of european.kmp) from the web site, but hit a problem on installing it, as it is packeged for Keyman 7.0, while I am still using Keyman 6.2.

Is there a version suitable for Keyman 6 available - either of the latest or 1.0.4 ~.kmp file, or just the keyboard file (~.kmx ? - which I think is all I need)? [/quote]