Topic Where to get a license?

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Where to get a license?   2014-07-31 17:01:14.557
Tano Fotang
I was running a licensed version 8 desktop before I decided to install 9.0 beta. The beta has expired, I've installed the latest version (9.0.458), but starting Keyman Desktop 9.0 presents me with that window that has the link to ``Purchase a licence''. I click on the link but get taken instead to a page to buy Keyman Desktop 8.0. As I already have 8.0 desktop licenses, I go back and enter one of them. A popup window appears with error ``The licence you entered is not valid...It is intended for Keyman Desktop Professional 8.0''. I enter a ``light'' license and got the same error.

How do I continue using 9.0 beta? (A related, but separate, incident: I reverted to 8.0 but it crashes when I click on configuration. I've submitted the resulting feedback form a few times in the last months.)

thanks.
# RE: Where to get a license?   2014-08-01 07:54:23.600
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Tano Fotang,

Thanks for your feedback. We have an development issue open regarding the incorrect link on the purchase screen, and this will be corrected in the next beta. In the meantime, you can visit https://secure.tavultesoft.com/buy/90/ to purchase a version 9.0 license.

Regarding the 8.0 crash, this happened because there were still files from the version 9.0 beta left on your machine; you would need to uninstall Keyman Desktop 9 and Keyman Developer 9, restart Windows. You should then delete the folders "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tavultesoft" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Tavultesoft", if they exist, and then install version 8. This happens because there were files that were not removed by the version 9.0 beta installer (although these are mostly addressed with the latest beta).
# RE: Where to get a license?   2014-08-01 08:22:59.380
Tano Fotang
Thank you. I could buy the licence, and it works.