Topic Inputting inconsistency

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

Keyboard Details Farsi Unicode Keyboard Downloads and Details

# Inputting inconsistency   2007-01-08 20:54:09.437
Mr Mahmud Mojtabapur
I have Version 6.2.183.0 of Keyman FREE Home edition under an up-to-date XP Pro. Using Microsoft Office XP (AKA Office 2002) after changing keyboard to Farsi Phonetic [farsi_unicode_us] letters combine erratically. Sometimes the added text are inserted at the beginning of the stream instead of being added to the rightmost of the text. I have resorted to anything except voodoo to solve this problem. Can anyone PLEASE help? Thanks.
# RE: Inputting inconsistency   2007-01-09 14:05:58.640
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi,

I'm not sure what would cause the issue you describe. Can you try the keyboard in Notepad and see if the same problems occur?

Also, are you using right-to-left input or left-to-right? Which font are you using?

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin
# RE: Inputting inconsistency   2007-02-11 01:56:44.903
Koobe Koobe
This is one of the tools I have been looking for, for a long time, so long that I was about to write my own (under Linux, script-wise).

I am thankful that you have provided the trial version for testing purposes. My system:

XP-Pro
Word 2007
Farsi keyboard from Windows already installed

What I did:

1. Installed keyman
2. Installed Farsi-Unicode keyboard
3. Opened my Word2007
4. Selected Farsi-Unicode keyboard from the taskbar icon of keyman
5. Selected Farsi keyboard and Language from Windows language bar
6. Selected one of the Farsi fonts that I love (Koodak)
7. And started typing almost as fast as I type English which is 10000 times faster than typing Farsi and that is the reason I needed such a tool.

Question:

I need lots of French and English words while I type in Farsi. What is the easiest and fastest way to switch between Farsi and English or French? I'd appreciate any help.

Regards,
Episteme
# RE: Inputting inconsistency   2007-02-11 01:59:27.123
Koobe Koobe
[quote="Mr Mahmud Mojtabapur"]I have Version 6.2.183.0 of Keyman FREE Home edition under an up-to-date XP Pro. Using Microsoft Office XP (AKA Office 2002) after changing keyboard to Farsi Phonetic [farsi_unicode_us] letters combine erratically. Sometimes the added text are inserted at the beginning of the stream instead of being added to the rightmost of the text. I have resorted to anything except voodoo to solve this problem. Can anyone PLEASE help? Thanks.[/quote]

I had the same problem BEFORE chosing Farsi from Windows-XP Language bar, after that, words were following each one another in the right sense. Hope this help!
# RE: Inputting inconsistency   2007-02-13 13:53:59.733
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
[quote="Koobe Koobe"]Question:
I need lots of French and English words while I type in Farsi. What is the easiest and fastest way to switch between Farsi and English or French? I'd appreciate any help.
[/quote]

Hi Episteme,

If you need accents for the French words, the best way would probably be to download the European Latin keyboard for Keyman. Then set simple hotkeys for the Farsi Unicode keyboard and the European Latin so you can switch between them. You will also have to switch between Farsi and English Windows layouts.

Does that make sense?

With Keyman 6.2 Standard Edition or Keyman Desktop Professional 7.0 you can also associate the Keyman keyboards with the Windows layouts. So instead of enabling both the Farsi Windows layout and the Farsi Keyman keyboard separately, you can enable them both with a single hotkey. This would make switching between Farsi and English/French simpler as well.

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin