Topic Compatibility with French Keyboard

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

« First Page | ‹ Previous 10 | Next 10 › | Last Page »

# RE: Compatibility with French Keyboard   2007-11-07 10:34:45.273
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Joris - I contacted the author of the Indic Roman Transliteration keyboard and he has just updated it to include visarga (he also added h underbar used in Assamese) - you can download the updated version from http://keymankeyboards.com/?id=409
# RE: Compatibility with French Keyboard   2007-11-07 21:53:59.210
Joris Gielen
Mark, thanks for working on the update of the Indic Roman Transliteration keyboard. Could you send me the mnemonic version of the ISIS devanagari keyboard? I would like to try it.
# RE: Compatibility with French Keyboard   2007-11-08 08:07:58.057
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Joris - I have sent you the test version of the ISIS Devanagari keyboard by email.
# RE: Compatibility with French Keyboard   2007-11-28 02:16:41.510
JenniBeadle
I too am having problems with a French Keyboard. I am tying to use our AZERTY-Cameroun keyboards. They are mneumonic layouts and almost work as long as I have chosen the French keyboard in MS. (I say almost as Office puts this annoying space in front of every special character because we chose ! as the first key to type). My problem is that I want to link it to another language so that I can automatically change Keyboards in Toolbox. But as soon as I choose another keyboard (eg Arikaans) it reverts to qwerty. Any suggestions?
# RE: Compatibility with French Keyboard   2007-11-28 10:46:02.747
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Jenni,

The solution is to add the other language, but use French as the keyboard layout for the language. For instance in XP:

1. Go to Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages, Details, and click Add
2. Select Afrikaans in the Input language box
3. In the Keyboard layout/IME box, select French
4. Click OK, OK, OK

The Afrikaans language will be installed with the AZERTY layout.
# RE: Compatibility with French Keyboard   2007-11-29 03:20:56.823
JenniBeadle
Well that did gave me French layout but I want the Cameroon! When I went to the Keyman configuration I was able to select Cameroun as the Keyman Keyboard but Toolbox only displays the Layouts (not the Keyman Keyboards). It only has one entry for Francais (ie French). So when I choose Francais I get French not Afrikaans (Cameroon). Any suggestions?
# RE: Compatibility with French Keyboard   2007-11-29 06:54:38.167
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
That sounds like a limitation in Toolbox - I'm not sure there is anything we can do about it at the Keyman end, sorry.
# RE: Compatibility with French Keyboard   2009-05-08 12:22:17.257
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
We have just added a Knowledge Base article on how to configure Toolbox, Keyman and Windows keyboards to interact correctly at http://www.tavultesoft.com/kb/?id=59

« First Page | ‹ Previous 10 | Next 10 › | Last Page »