Topic Supplemental language support

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Supplemental language support   2009-05-14 02:53:51.477
Klaus
As I have not got an installation disc for my XP, I cannot install "Supplemental language support". Question: During the installation of Keyman 7.1, will this feature be installed automatically? If not, how can I install "Supplemental language support" without CD?
# RE: Supplemental language support   2009-05-14 10:31:57.820
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
You will need your Windows XP media in order to install supplemental language support. This is because there are required files on the CD which are not installed onto the computer by default. There are several possible solutions to this:

1. Some computer manufacturers copy the Windows CD files into a folder on the computer, often into C:\Windows\Media, or a similar location. Try looking on your computer for the install files. You may also find the files in a 'recovery partition', or find a tool on your computer to create a recovery CD which may give you what you need.

2. You should be able to order a CD for just a few dollars from your computer manufacturer, if you purchased from a reasonably major supplier.

3. If you were not sold a legitimate copy of Windows XP with your computer, you should contact Microsoft for assistance (see http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/). Microsoft do have a number of pathways for resolving this issue.