Topic keyman 7 wish list

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

« First Page | ‹ Previous 10 | Next 10 › | Last Page »

# RE: keyman 7 wish list   2006-09-25 12:59:51.587
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Keyman 7 does include protection functionality for your .kmx keyboard layouts. I have an overview of the functionality as it exists at my blog at http://keyman.typepad.com/ and will be refreshing that after the release of beta 2 (shortly!)

I am unable to comment on our competitive plans.
# RE: keyman 7 wish list   2006-11-08 21:39:57.973
vikram barthwal
i will also suggest if you integrate some text conversion utilities which can be made by the developer and the conversion utilities be used like keyman files in keyman desktop edition. i can give some examples like teckit conversion kit & sil convertors.
it will be vary handy and useful tool and it will give developers an edge over other softwares and he can build total customised data solution for the client.

in India it will help a lot as every one wants to shift there data to unicode, but there are plenty of font vendors, so these kind of utilities integrated in an application will help end users.
and same protection system can be applied as that of the keyman keyboard file, that ur going to implement, so that no one can copy,paste & run.

ascii 2 unicode
unicode 2 ascii
both vice versa is important because some dtp softs like pagemaker & quark use legacy text.
as there are times that unicode text be converted to legacy.

there can be a window having buttonslike
open (open text file)
a drop down menu for the conversion map file.
and save as button.

And eagerly waiting for ur next beta release,hope u integrate the protection system for keyman files in it.
Have a nice day Marc.

Thanks
Vikram Barthwal (India)
# RE: keyman 7 wish list   2006-11-13 14:30:05.003
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Vikram,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions -- we'll investigate implementing something like this once Keyman 7.0 has been released.

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin
Tavultesoft Pty Ltd
# RE: keyman 7 wish list   2006-11-15 03:22:11.130
KAB Graphics
Dear Mr. Vikram Barthwal
We are working with fonts for last few years. Unicode may be the best choice for web based solution. But if you consider the larger market of INDIA, then you will find the ANSI is the best solution, cause as you said there are so many vendor. And they will produce there fonts in ANSI custom (must different code page) code for their customer. So if you want to create a market for your keyboard then you may have to concentrate on ANSI.

A necessary discussion is needed for us (Indian User).

P.S.- If you create a keyboard for unicode HINDI and me also. Then a user or purchaser get the same quality from both os us, but If there is a custom font code, your font may be better than others & your keyboard will sell better than other.

many IT company like INDICA, MODULAR INFOTECH works with the above principal.

With kind regards
Arun Sarkar

« First Page | ‹ Previous 10 | Next 10 › | Last Page »