Topic How to modify an already created virtual keyboard (*.kvk)?

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# How to modify an already created virtual keyboard (*.kvk)?   2006-06-29 03:19:13.263
Hewadpal
When I open a virtual keyboard file (*.kvk) in Keyman developer, I am asked to associate the virtual keyboard to a kmx file. After doing so, clicking on Layout keyboard, I get an empty Layout, which means I must start again from scratch. Why does the already created virtual keyboard does not open for modification in Keyman Developer? Thanks for the sugestions.
Hewadpal
# RE: How to modify an already created virtual keyboard (*.kvk)?   2006-06-29 11:08:00.060
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Hewadpal,

What's happening is the Keyboard layout included in the KMX file is being imported and overwriting the KVK layout when you click the Import KMX button.

When you open the KVK, do not click the Import KMX button, unless you want to overwrite the keys in the visual keyboard with the layout from the KMX keyboard. Instead, just type in the name of the KMX file without the .kmx extension.

If the keyboard name is already in the field (it should be if you have previously associated it with the visual keyboard), you do not need to re-enter it or click Import KMX.

This process will be clarified in Keyman 7.

Paul Durdin
Tavultesoft Pty Ltd