KMKB0018: HOWTO: set up Yahoo Messenger to accept Unicode input from Keyman
By default, Yahoo Messenger does not accept Unicode input from Keyman Desktop or from Windows keyboards.
The Keyman Desktop RichEdit addin can be configured to work with Yahoo Messenger's Input Window. This will allow Keyman Desktop Unicode keyboards to work within Yahoo Messenger. However, Windows Unicode keyboards will not work.
- Make sure that the RichEdit addin is installed in Keyman Configuration. If it is not installed, then you should re-run the Keyman Installer and select the RichEdit addin for installation.
- Download the following setup program and run it:
- Close down Keyman Desktop and restart it.
Unicode Keyman Desktop keyboards should now work with Yahoo Messenger's chat window.
- Keyman 6.0
- Keyman 6.2 Home Use Edition
- Keyman 6.2 Standard Edition
- Keyman 6.2 Corporate Edition 10 seat pack 1 yr
- Keyman Desktop Corporate 7.0
- Keyman Desktop Light 7.0
- Keyman Desktop Professional 7.0
KB article KMKB0018 created on 06 Nov 2006, updated on 08 Jan 2009