kmshell.exe is corrupt Error
This technical advice issued 11 November 2009.
Some users are experiencing a problem with starting Keyman Desktop or Keyman Developer. This problem has arisen due to a fault in the build process for version 7.1.267.0 of Keyman Desktop that we did not pick up before releasing it. We have confirmed that the fault is not present in version 7.1.268.0.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. We hate it too when software goes wrong.
How to Fix the Problem
- Close Keyman Desktop by clicking on the Keyman Desktop icon in the bottom right of your screen, and selecting Exit
- Confirm the edition of Keyman Desktop that you have installed by opening Windows Explorer and looking in C:\Program Files\Tavultesoft
- Download your edition of Keyman Desktop 7.1.268.0 from www.tavultesoft.com/70/download.php.
- Install the program you downloaded.
- This will resolve the problem.
The above instructions also apply to resolving the issue with Keyman Developer 7.1.267.0.
If you are unable to download the update immediately, you can temporarily work around the problem by changing your computer date to 10 Nov 2009 while starting Keyman Desktop. Once Keyman Desktop has started, you can restore your clock to the correct time.
How to Contact Tavultesoft About This Problem
If you have any difficulties in this process, please email us at email@example.com. Please bear with us as we respond to your emails and we will do our best to answer as quickly as possible.
This error has occurred because during the build process for Keyman Desktop and Keyman Developer 7.1.267.0, our build servers failed to add a timestamp to the digital certificates for the executable programs. We have now instituted processes to ensure that this issue does not recur.