Topic Installation problems

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Installation problems   2007-01-23 22:02:31.390
Nick F
I'm having problems installing Ezrauni22.kmx keyboard. SIL think it's a Keyman issue. I think it's probably my stupidity.

From Keyman configuration, I click Install Keyboard in the Keyboards window. I select EZRAUNI22.kmx (which I downloaded from SIL). I get presented with an Install Keyboard window, on which I click Install. The Ezra Sil Unicode keyboard is ticked on the Install Keyboards window.

But when I try to associate the input language with the keyboard, the Ezra keyboard doesn’t show on Keyboard layout/IME in the Add Input Language window... even though it is apparently associated with it, because it appears as a keyboard under Hebrew in the Settings window of Text Services and Input Languages.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks.
# RE: Installation problems   2007-01-24 09:09:44.853
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Nick,

To associate the Ezra keyboard with the Windows Hebrew input language:

1) Make sure you have the Windows Hebrew input language installed (from Control Panel->Regional Settings).
2) Open Keyman Configuration.
3) Select the Languages tab.
4) For the Hebrew item in the Langage column, select Ezra in the Keyman Keyboard column.

You should then be able to use the Ezra keyboard when you select Hebrew from the Windows Language Bar.

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin
# Installation problems   2007-01-28 04:22:04.090
Nick F
Hi Paul!

Thanks for that. Hebrew is installed via Control Panel/Regional Settings.

But Keyman Configuration doesn't have a Languages tab - just Keyboard, Options, Special Keys, Add Ins and Support. I can see that Ezra is installed in the Keyboard tab.

If I go to the Languages tab in Regional Settings, there is no dropdown entry for Ezra in Keyboard Layout/IME - nothing between Estonian and Faeroese.

Nick
# RE: Installation problems   2007-01-29 10:10:56.840
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Nick,

With Keyman Home Edition you can't associate a keyboard with a Windows Input Language. You can still use the Ezra keyboard by enabling it from Keyman (left-click on the Keyman icon and select it from the menu, or set up a hotkey for the keyboard in Keyman Configuration), but you won't be able to enable it with the Windows Language Bar.

This limitation does not exist in Keyman Standard Edition; I didn't realise you were using the Home Edition!

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin
# RE: Installation problems   2007-02-02 08:00:09.143
Nick F
Hi Paul!

Many thanks. I'm not sure what I did, but it's now working properly. It really is a great programme!

Nick