Topic Can't start DesktopLight

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

« First Page | ‹ Previous 10 | Next 10 › | Last Page »

# RE: Can't start DesktopLight   2007-02-28 04:41:56.857
KAB Graphics
Dear Paul,
My Keyman Desktop 7.0 works fine before I Install & run a reg cure/reg repair software. After run that programme Keyman stop working.

Regards
Arun
# RE: Can't start DesktopLight   2007-02-28 09:24:31.883
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Arun - many registry 'repair' or 'cure' applications do damage to the registry rather than repairing; I almost never advise their use!

You may find that the Repair option in Add/Remove Programs for Keyman Desktop resolves the issue.
# RE: Can't start DesktopLight   2007-02-28 09:44:32.520
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Amaryllis,

The diagnostics suggests two issues that may cause Keyman to not function properly:

1) Firstly, and most likely, it says you're running Windows 2000 Service Pack 2. Updating to Service Pack 4 (the latest version) is highly recommended and will likely fix the problems with Keyman Desktop.

2) This may be unrelated and no longer a problem, but you have had three premium-rate dialer trojans on your system. They appear in the Registry startup keys as 'tyng6.EXE', 'Videochat1.EXE', and 'Freevideo1.EXE'. It's possible that they are no longer on your system as they don't appear to be running. It would be worthwhile making sure they're not on the system still, though.

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin
# RE: Can't start DesktopLight   2007-03-01 00:28:34.173
Amaryllis
Hi Paul,
I installed SP4, Ms Install 3.1 and MSXML 6 on my Windows2000 system.
I also cleaned up my registry from the three trojan entries you mentioned. (In fact, I purchased a registry cleanup program and cleaned it up completely).
No change in Keyman Desktop behaviour.
I sent you an error report.
If you think of something else, please, tell me.
Thanks a lot for your time and sorry for the inconvenience my messages bring you.
Amaryllis

PS. I wonder if in cases like mine, you would consider selling Keyman version 6.0.
# RE: Can't start DesktopLight   2007-03-01 09:10:19.477
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi,

I've responded by email separately.

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin

« First Page | ‹ Previous 10 | Next 10 › | Last Page »