Topic Keyman does not work properly in Vista

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

« First Page | ‹ Previous 10 | Next 10 › | Last Page »

# RE: Keyman does not work properly in Vista   2007-09-27 20:39:13.563
Alexander
:
When you associate a Keyman keyboard with a Windows language, the Keyman keyboard is switched on when that language is selected.

When I select a text in the Greek, Vista (but not Keyman) switches its keyboard. And so I say Keyman does not work properly in Vista.
:
Keyman does not switch the language when you choose a keyboard.

Windows XP knew Keyman’s keyboards so when I chose a keyboard I have the proper language in Word 2003. And so I say Keyman does not work properly in Vista.
# RE: Keyman does not work properly in Vista   2007-09-28 08:06:33.923
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Can you send in a new diagnostic report so I can see what your configuration is? Keyman Desktop works fine with Office 2007 and Vista here - language switching and all.
# RE: Keyman does not work properly in Vista   2008-04-21 08:14:53.513
Hall Sharon
When I attempt to use Keyman in Vista with Dulous SIL font and the keyboard turned "on" nothing happens...the cursor stays put and no characters appear on the screen. I have not had this experience with XP. I am doing something wrong? I am attempting to use the IPA keyboard...I am also a speech pathologist with a deadline! Help!
# RE: Keyman does not work properly in Vista   2008-04-21 08:30:19.930
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Sharon:

Which version of Keyman are you using? Keyman 6.2 does not work with Vista - version 7.0 does. If you are having trouble with version 7.0, please send us a diagnostic report (http://tavultesoft.com/kb?id=40)
# RE: Keyman does not work properly in Vista   2008-12-11 20:58:49.403
Dee McCarney
I have been using the free version of Keyman with IPA phonetic keyboard successfully for some time now. I'm halfway through a university assignment and yesterday (10/12) Windows Update applied SP1 to my Office 2007, plus some security updates. Now, whenever I type a character I get TWO of them appearing. If I delete a character, it deletes TWO characters. I've uninstalled the Security update, but it won't let me uninstall the SP1. I thought I'd reinstall the IPA keyboard, but Vista won't let me, saying I need to be an Adminstrator. When I check my user status, I AM an administrator, so I'm very frustrated ... and panicking because I need to finish my assignment.
# RE: Keyman does not work properly in Vista   2008-12-11 21:47:01.203
Dee McCarney
Don't worry - I've read back through the forum and realised that I was probably just lucky that my Free 6.2 version carried on working as long as it did. I've now downloaded the trial version of version 7, and so far it seems to be working well. If it continues this way, I will purchase it shortly.
Thanks, Dee

« First Page | ‹ Previous 10 | Next 10 › | Last Page »