Topic Remove configuration tabs

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Remove configuration tabs   2008-09-08 16:15:08.750
Amaryllis
When a specific keyboard is bundled with the Keyman Engine, certain configuration tabs are not needed and unnecessarily overload the executable program.
I specifically refer to the Keyboard layout and the addins tab.

How can I remove them safely?

Similarly, some of the new features of version 7 may be of little use to a bundled keyboard user. For example, I may not need the hints facility. How can I remove it in order to make my bundled keyboard + Engine smaller?

Thanks in advance,
Amaryllis
# RE: Remove configuration tabs   2008-09-10 07:02:13.997
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Amaryllis,

These additional tabs can be removed in the Branding Editor. Here's how:

1. Open your branding file and select the Config UI tab.
2. Select keyman_menu.xsl
3. Near the bottom of this file, you will find several lines looking somewhat like this:

menuframe_add('options', '<xsl:value-of select="$locale/String[@Id='S_Options']"/>', '<xsl:value-of select="$locale/String[@Id='S_Options_AccessChar']"/>');

Comment out the lines you don't wish to include using // at the start of the line (or delete the line entirely if you are feeling brave!).

That should be all you need to do to hide the tab. If you wish to remove the tab completely, you will also need to edit the keyman.xsl file and remove the reference to the keyman_/tab/.xsl from the includes at the top of the file. Once you have done that, you can remove keyman_/tab/.xsl from your branding file.

To remove the hints in the On Screen Keyboard, just remove the vkhints.xsl file from your branding file.

To remove all the popup window hints, remove hints.xsl from your branding file.

Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Pty Ltd