Topic enabling amharic only html form

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

Keyboard Details Amharic EZ Keyboard Downloads and Details

# enabling amharic only html form   2011-11-19 05:34:26.290
Kamil Suleiman
Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, as I'm not an html expert. This is what I want to do, I am creating a website, that has got an html entry form that that the user should enter amharic words. Currently if the user presses a key on the keyboard, it uses the default letter, which is an english letter. I want to change it so that it becomes an amharic letter. Can any body help please? I've searched so much and spent so much time. I'll really appreciate,
Kamil
# RE: enabling amharic only html form   2011-11-19 09:01:36.350
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Kamil,

I think KeymanWeb should do the job for you nicely. Here's an example of a web text area directly enabled for Amharic input: http://www.keymanweb.com/go/amh/gff_amh_7

You can create a free KeymanWeb subscription at http://www.tavultesoft.com/keymanweb/ which will allow you to simply plug the KeymanWeb keyboard into your website.

After adding the subscription to your webpage (following the instructions at the site above), you'll need to add one line of code to switch on the Amharic keyboard when the user focuses your input box, for example:

<input onfocus='KeymanWeb.SetActiveKeyboard("Keyboard_gff_amh_7")' size='30' name='amharicText' />
# RE: enabling amharic only html form   2011-11-22 05:13:44.353
Kamil Suleiman
Dear Mark,
Thank you for your fast response. I've subscribed at the link you provided. I'm waiting for a response.
# RE: enabling amharic only html form   2011-11-22 18:41:33.817
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Kamil, I believe Gary would have responded to you early today
# RE: enabling amharic only html form   2011-11-23 04:45:44.803
Kamil Suleiman
Yes Mark, Gary has responded to me and it is working now.
Thank you very much,