Topic Transparent icons

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Transparent icons   2016-02-21 01:56:11.837
br Julian Griffin OSL
If I import a PNG image, with a transparent background, into my keyboard definition, the background is changed to black.

If, in the TIKE icon edit, I change the background to transparent, the icon that appears in the notification area has a white background.

If I change the background back to black, it works ok in my notification area because it is dark. On other Window Themes, this would not look good.

Please advise if I am doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Regards
Julian Griffin
# RE: Transparent icons   2016-02-22 07:37:28.320
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
The icon should not appear as having a white background in the notification area but will have a white background in the menu, for example.

So I'm not sure what is going on - transparent is selected in the colour picker by clicking the colour box with an [X] in it. The PNG import will probably not support transparency as PNG files support full alpha transparency, whereas the Keyman Developer icon editor only supports simple transparency.

You can edit the .ico file for a keyboard in any icon editor tool and add full alpha transparent versions and multiple sizes for High DPI screens.
# RE: Transparent icons   2016-02-24 08:57:08.373
br Julian Griffin OSL
Hi,

I have uploaded a number of screen shots of the problem, to my OneDrive:
URL: http://1drv.ms/1PsCtnU

I hope this helps.

Regards
Julian Griffin
# RE: Transparent icons   2016-02-24 09:19:08.597
br Julian Griffin OSL
Hi again,

I've just been looking at trying to point the keyboard definition to another icon file, without success.

I modified the &Bitmap and renaming the ICO file. I only ever get a white square.

Please advise.

Regards
Julian Griffin
# RE: Transparent icons   2016-02-26 08:02:10.837
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
I'll look into this further; I'm not sure what's going on -- may be a bug in the Keyman Developer beta.