Topic Installing a keyboard in Developer fails with “Keyman Desktop is not installed”

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Installing a keyboard in Developer fails with “Keyman Desktop is not installed”   2017-02-27 19:09:52.217
Jukka K. Korpela
I have installed Keyman Desktop 9.0 and Keyman Developer 8.0 (using evaluation version). After creating a keyboard in Developer, when I try to use the “Install” button under “Compile Keyboard”, I get the error message “Keyman Desktop is not installed”. Yet Keyman Desktop is installed and running and works. I suppose I am doing something wrong, but what? I’m using Windows 10, 32-bit.
# RE: Installing a keyboard in Developer fails with “Keyman Desktop is not installed”   2017-03-01 21:11:10.130
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Yes, Keyman Desktop 9 and Keyman Developer 8 don't really work well together. You should try to use the same version for both products -- Keyman Developer 9 is a free version (in beta, but still stable) -- get it from http://tavultesoft.com/beta/
# RE: Installing a keyboard in Developer fails with “Keyman Desktop is not installed”   2017-03-02 23:40:42.380
Jukka K. Korpela
[quote="Marc Durdin"]You should try to use the same version for both products -- Keyman Developer 9 is a free version (in beta, but still stable)[/quote]

Thanks! This helped. I hope you can modify the error message to help avoid problems like mine. (I wonder if it could be e.g. “Keyman Desktop is not installed or is a non-compatible version”.)